Contribute To The WPL!
The WPL is it’s own 501(c)(3) non-profit organization that promotes rugby at all levels in the US, with a focus on high level play and encouraging it’s growth for the women’s game domestically.
The purpose of the Women’s Premiership League is to serve the following goals:
- Increase the number of highest quality competitive matches played by women’s club teams in the United States.
- Provide a competitive structure that offers incentive to clubs to perform well throughout the course of an entire season, as well as at the National Championships.
- Encourage teams in all Divisions to consistently perform at a higher level of play by demonstrating competitive excellence, and meeting set requirements and expectations, as well as creating a mechanism for promotion to a higher league, D2 to D1 and D1 to Premiership, as appropriate.
- Support the growth and sustainability of each member club, with an ideal of a strong, long-lasting club with well-organized administration, a consistent and competitive second side and a successful youth program.
- Honor a key tradition among women’s rugby clubs that every player who is interested is welcome, regardless of skill level or athletic potential.
- Promote the development of all players.
- Support the development of the women’s game by using National Panel referees for League matches and the National Championship.
- Achieve these goals without significantly increasing the amount of money teams and players are already spending to compete.
Ever mindful of the precepts, the Women’s Premier League shall endure as an organization in service to the tradition of rugby football, seeking no profits or rewards other than the satisfaction of being a participant in the honorable games.
For more information and to see proof of our 501(c)(3) status, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.